Sunday, April 19, 2009

Countdown: 3 months

This is how often Andy and I eat onions. Except, we actually do eat onions pretty often, apparently the problem was just that we had too many and this one decided to sprout.


I can't believe that Andy and I only have three months until the wedding. We finally got (almost) the invitations out, but now we're gearing up for working on the announcements and thank you cards. We traveled back to Paper Source and its wonderful papers, and now we just have to get down to making them.

I bought my dress! Due to the lack of time (wedding dresses usually take 5-6 months to arrive) I had to order it with rush shipping, etc, etc, but it's expected to arrive around June 30th! I need to make an appointment with a seamstress soon before they all book up. I ended up actually ordering a bridesmaids dress in white rather than a wedding dress. The style of the dress is more informal (and the price more reasonable) than the wedding dresses I was encountering.

Andy and I booked our honeymoon to Hawaii for the beginning of September, and we're getting really excited just reading about all the neat things there are to do there. Plus, I've been on a diet recently and I read that snorkeling burns 500 calories an hour! I guess I'll just have to snorkel for a while each day to burn off the calories from all the wonderful food. :)

Over Easter weekend we went back to the island which was so incredibly enjoyable. We were able to go on Friday after getting my dress and then we stayed until Monday morning since we didn't have class until 2:30. The thrift store on the island is packed full of great finds, and we've only managed to find two in Seattle that come close to competing with it. Here are some of the things we found:
These are a bunch of old laces that I found. The most expensive one cost me $2.25 for what looks like 10 yards, and I think I'm going to use them with my bouquet and the bridesmaids' bouquets. Our colors too!

This is a beautiful scarf that I think I'm going to use as a table linen. It was only $1!

These napkins were just too cute for me to pass up and they only put me back by $1.25.

I finally got my order from BakeitPretty (I'm not sure why the shipping took two, almost three, weeks) and these are some of the cupcake liners I purchased:
I used some of the other liners I bought from them to use to make a cupcake liner garland. I also used some of the usual blue, pink and yellow ones found in the grocery store, and some from a 1000 pack of white liners that I bought at Cash n' Carry. The 1000 pack only cost $2.38! I hung the garland over our stove, but I couldn't get a good picture of it so here's Andy holding the finished product (Also, Andy isn't this pale in person, the color levels just appear to be skewed in this picture. ;) ) :
I thought a decoration made from kitchen materials was appropriate in the kitchen! I'll try to take a (successful) picture of it hanging in the kitchen soon to share with you all.

And last but not least, some pictures of the cherry trees in the UW's Quad:

No comments:

Post a Comment